Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 34:10 — 46.9MB) | Embed
Subscribe or Follow Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Pandora | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | TuneIn | Deezer | RSS | More
Andrea Palmer, now President of Publicis Health Media (PHM) has wanted to be in Healthcare Marketing since her college days despite the field not always getting credit for being dynamic or embracing creativity. With PHM’s reputation for having their “finger on the pulse” (sorry), she’s proven those perceptions wrong and inspired many to follow or stick to the healthcare marketing path.
In Episode 18 of Insider Interviews, in which I perhaps sing again (umm, twice, I’m just sayin’) Palmer clearly demonstrates just how creative and important messaging around healthcare can and should be. It’s certainly an area that’s very top of mind with us all these days and Palmer makes it digestible. You’ll pick up on why she rose through the ranks quickly at PHM — the strategic media planning and buying agency within PHCG, and the only global media agency solely dedicated to the health and wellness space. This industry trailblazer of nearly 20 years shares what’s currently happening in the healthcare media space, along with some interesting projections from PHM’s prescient “Disruptors List.” Get the insider scoop on what inspiring innovations emerged from the “Shark Tank”-type element of their industry-convening Health Front, and what we should be concerned about.
Palmer is determined to ensure the right information is getting out there and helped drive home PHM’s mission to equip brands AND people with the tools and communications they need to make healthy decisions. We learn why it’s important to create content with conscience and why brands need to listen to other voices than their own.
What we talked about:
- What’s happening in healthcare marketing
- How a childhood illness put Palmer on the path to healthcare…and college led her to marketing
- Health trends and disruptors
- How PHM markets to consumers who’re apprehensive about embracing telehealth
- How PHM helps its clients with being ‘the resource’ instead of Dr. Google
- Defining the concept of Content with a Conscience
- Facing down racism: communicating to diverse audiences and not just “to the mean”
- How Palmer is advising her clients on approaches to ensure that health message is communicated well and heard by all cohorts and communities
- Thinking about the bigger picture
- Pushing for innovation in the health realm
- The future of healthcare
And yes, I find a reason to close with a song…again.
Follow Andrea on Social Media
Resources mentioned in the episode