How do you circulate a message that even the Pope shares — and ultimately get 2 billion impressions across hundreds of countries around the world? Ask Lawrence M. Kimmel. His Rung-UP team created the #WeRemember campaign for World Jewish Congress. What marketing advice would this former Chairman of the Direct Marketing Association give politicians to help them appeal more to the public? And, what does Larry think are standout marketing tactics these days?
I asked Larry all of that – and he answered specifically and thoughtfully in Epi 13 of Insider Interviews. He also shares what led him to create Rung-UP, a strategic marketing consultancy…and why he calls it the first “C2C” agency.
You’ll immediately value Larry’s creative vision, branding and marketing expertise when you hear him discuss these elements as well:
- How the current pandemic is affecting global consumer behavior
- His personal experiences that impacted his evolution into a mission-driven clientele — and lessons from his father, Howard Kimmel, who put his lifeblood into building affordable housing
- Rung-UP’s work with the World Jewish Congress and how he came about the campaign #WeRemember
- Why a C2C approach is so important for those in the “C-Suite”
- His tips on branding and marketing a politician
- How advertising has changed and become more complicated throughout the years
- Why both traditional and digital channels are important in advertising
- Instagram stories or TikTok? And will he still embrace Facebook? Is there a place for traditional direct mail?
- His predictions for consumer behavior in the future
- The ripple effect of brands’ response to consumer buying habits
- His recommendations for companies who need to do better in bringing more of a multicultural team — and what young entrants to a career in media should focus on.
Be informed and inspired by Larry Kimmel, who is living and working this reality: “If we can do well for the world and make a living at the same time, it’s even better.”
Social Media Links: