Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 42:00 — 57.7MB) | Embed
Subscribe or Follow Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Pandora | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | TuneIn | Deezer | | More
Bryan Barletta of Sounds Profitable is known for being a guy that explains complicated podcasting ad-tech in a helpful, generous way. Ryan Rose of JoneKiri is an up-and-comer in the industry who has already made a mark by helping talent communicate across multiple platforms. Both started in podcasting. Both quit their day-jobs in podcasting mid-pandemic (!) to launch their own businesses. And both are succeeding wildly.
In this conversation they discuss with host E.B. Moss everything from how advertisers can go beyond traditional podcast ad exposure and pricing, to the implications of a “cookie-less world” to the better mousetrap of content marketing cross screen*. These are smart young turks who share a lot of wisdom.
- How Bryan went from McDonalds to History Major to a major force in the developer space before landing in podcasting…and starting Sounds Profitable
- Why this quote from his recent newsletter post sums up Bryan’s mission…and value:
When buyers have a hard time translating tools, metrics, and services between advertising channels we get friction, and friction prohibits more buyers from choosing podcast advertising as a viable channel. But that friction can be soothed with education.
- How slowing down to focus on that education in the business can help speed up revenue
- Why Megaphone, Advertisecast and Podcorn got snapped up…
- And why HotPod and PodNews are read voraciously…
- The imperative for diverse podcasters and the effort to support them by, e.g., former Insider Interviews guest, Juleyka Lantigua-Williams
- Our “surprise mystery guest”, Ryan Rose makes his entrance and explains the what (and pronunciation!) of JoneKiri (hint: discipline and passion…)
- The opportunity for talent to help offer presence across podcasting + + +…all screens!
- Why a “cookie-less world” is not such a bad thing…especially in the podcasting world. (Guess who answered THAT one?!)
- Why Bryan thinks Ryan “fits into a category of people that I think are going to be the next and hottest things in the next two years in podcasting” and why Ryan thinks beyond the pre- or mid-roll, and in fact staked his current career on it
- The world beyond the CPM or CPA
- Why they think I’m great. (Kind of love that.)
There’s a lot more. These are smart guys. You’ll want to listen. Again. And maybe again.
You can find Bryan on Twitter and https://soundsprofitable.com/
And Ryan and JoneKiri are on LinkedIn
If you found THESE tips valuable from Bryan and Ryan, I don’t mind if you virtually tip ME, and “buy me a coffee“! ( https://www.buymeacoffee.com/mossappeal ).
Please let me know if you have a topic or suggestion for a future episode on the business of media, marketing and advertising — or need help creating or marketing your own B2B podcast! *Stay tuned for big news — or ping me — about an upcoming conference I’m coordinating on the intersection of podcasting and all OTHER content screens! Podcasts@mossappeal.com
Please follow on:
PS: This episode publishes on #EarthDay2021, so please also check out Epi 28 for all the good that Sustainable Brands has been doing since 2006.